Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Skhye Moncrief - Today's Word Wizard!



Please welcome back author Skhye Moncrief! I was lucky enough to host Skhye a few months ago where we discussed her novel, He of the Fiery Sword. Skhye is back...actually, she is just chaperoning. She brought the hero and heroine of her new Rosebud novella, Naked on the Staircase, for a little chat!

Welcome, Cowboy and Aron!

Tell us a little about your story, Naked on the Staircase.

A Time Guardian Halloween Tale... A demon stalks Druidess Aron MacKintosh, trying to use her to gain control of the timeline in present-day Scotland. Time plows toward Samhain when the doorways open between the Now and the Happy Otherworld. She finds herself in a strange alliance with an unusual time guardian, Cowboy. The duo struggles to defeat the demon. If Cowboy can’t earn her trust, the integrity of the timeline could be endangered. Only Cowboy’s charm and southern idea of chivalry has what it takes to leave an ancient evil bound NAKED ON THE STAIRCASE.

I've had the pleasure of reading it all ready...it's great! A couple questions for you, Cowboy: What is a Time Guardian? How did you find yourself a member of this order?

Time Guardians are members of The Gaelic Order of Knights from the future, i.e. Freemasons. Some hold up along the timeline at a castle here in the present--Ronat Castle better known as Blair Atholl. The owner of the castle is the only Brit who can maintain a standing army aside from the Crown. So, not a bad setup and excellent cover for a lot of guys with swords. We're all here to maintain the integrity of the timeline as soldiers of Truth, students of the past, and guardians of Time. I found myself drawn into the action on my way out as a mercenary. There was this sheik's gator pond. And, well, I was hurled into it for not giving up info. But I'm an unorthodox cadet. The Brotherhood needed me to help with logistics here in the present since they're from other times. I'm supposed to get a time-travel sword though. That's part of the deal. Well, the only deal left since I'm supposed to be dead.

I personally love guys with swords! :0) And you, Aron: What is a Druid and how did you "become" one?

Druids from the future are often confused with the historical idea of druids. I am a priestess of Time. Our Order was created along with the Brotherhood. Let's just say, the two Orders intermarry in sacred unions as soul mates to safeguard history. You really don't need to know more until you realize you're probably someone's soul mate. My apprenticeship began when I was four. Members of both Orders spend twenty years progressing until proven ready to hold the line, timeline. Then we get to investigate our history. We get to explore! Well, that's what was promised. It's more like torture being dumped here and there because of the renegade gods and their attempt to corrupt history.

Not sure I'd like that...Cowboy, is there something you really like or enjoy about being a Time Guardian?

I get this gnarly fairy armor that makes me invisible. ;)

It's very cool. :0) Aron, what do you find most intriguing about being a Druid?

There's a trend in earth's future--a rejuvenation of cultural histories. When cultures begin leaving the earth in search of a place to call their own among the stars, Gaelic peoples did too. But we found a stone circle that catapulted us through time. And in this moment when we grasped the breadth of what we could do in reconstructing our pre-English domination cultures, we also realized how the ugly side of human nature might try to use time travel to change the way history unfolded. I gave my life for humanity. I took my vows and progressed from bard to ovate to Druid in order to ensure your history remains unchanged. But, I can't hide the fact that I dreamed of seeing a beautiful sunrise before the Industrial Revolution. And to read the original documents we Druids memorize for recitations. Oh, what blessed opportunity! Can anyone say there is no allure to joining the ranks among the holiest of Sisters?

I would love to do those things, but not sure I'd be willing to be catapulted through time willy-nilly?!

Thanks for having us here, Tiffany. Although, we're looking back... JUST HITCHED! ~Cowboy + Aron

You are very welcome. Thank you for joining us!



Questions? Comments? Post and you're entered to win a PDF copy of Naked on the Staircase. Check out Skhye's website for more information on the Time Guardians: www.skhyemoncrief.com

Happy Wednesday!

17 comments:

Mary Ricksen said...

Too bad I won't be around to see all this stuff! Great work Skhye

Anonymous said...

my question is with being able to time travel will they be going in the future and into space ?

Skhye said...

Mary, I hope you mean you won't be around in the distant future. Because we LOVE you! Skhye

Skhye said...

Yes, Angie. Both Orders are from the future (on another planet) and travel through time and across space. It's a perk with stone-circle travel. The stone circle was taken with the Gaels when they left Earth. So, they erected them for posterity... and activated the circle. This sucked a person through time and across space back to earth. Time travel was born. ;) For more details, check out Time Guardian history at www.timeguardians.com. There's an extensive history and glossary there!

Cindy K. Green said...

Oh I love the premise of this story. Do you get into several different time periods in this particular book?

Skhye said...

Hi, Cindy! Yes, I do. But that's only because of the hero saving the heroine. My novel, HE OF THE FIERY SWORD, is set in Medieval Ireland and the future. SACRIFICIAL HEARTS is set in present-day Scotland. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

my other question is whats their fav time line and why is it?

Tiffany James said...

Mary,

Thanks for taking time to join us today!

Tiffany

Tiffany James said...

Angie,

Good question!

Tiffany

Tiffany James said...

Hi, Cindy!

Great to see you. Thanks for joining us.

Tiffany

Skhye said...

Angie, are you asking about Cowboy and Aron's favorite timeline? They're unfortunately stuck with what I gave them--the present and future. LOL. As for the Time Guardians in general, a few stories are historicals, a few are futuristics, and some take place in the present (or very near to present day). Some of these stories have yet to be submitted to my publisher. That requires a little more time. ;) Skhye

Anonymous said...

they are on my to buy list when i have a few more pennies

i love the idea of time travel

Alisha said...

I loved reading this! Thanks for sharing your characters!

Skhye said...

Thanks, Angie & Alisha!

Lee Silver said...

Druids and Time Guardians and Demons, this is too cool. Great feature, Skhye!

Lee

Lee Silver
"Romance with a Twist"
THE TWIST, BookStrand #1 Bestseller
www.LeeSilver.org

P.L. Parker said...

I love time travel - amazingly enough! Good blog!

Patsy
P. L. Parker

Skhye said...

Thanks, Lee & PL. Skhye