Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A New Twist to Book Trailers & A New Contest Winner!

Current Read: A Knight's Vow by Lindsay Townsend
** Lindsay is going to be an Armchair Heroine Word Wizard on July 31st. You can read an extract (that's what they call it in England...cool, huh?) here.

My 8 year-old has drawn from the blue box of contest commenters and the lucky winner is...

Peggy!!

*Confetti flying*

*Horns blowing*

Congratulations, Peggy! You only need one more to have a complete set of Melissa's books (until January, that is)! I have your snail mail address so I will get this book headed your way.

A huge thank you to Melissa for being our Word Wizard! And thank you to everyone who commented.

Tomorrow's Word Wizard is Lizzie T. Leaf. She's going to talk about her experiences with writing and publishing, and we have one of her books to give away!


I wanted to share this clip with you from debut author Elaine Levine. Elaine's first book, Rachel and the Hired Gun, is being published by Kensington Books and will be available in January. Elaine has taken the book trailer concept to a new level with her video/audio clips. She has taken scenes that didn't make it into her book and sharing them with us. She hopes to give some background character information - to "wet our appetites"! :0) It's certainly working for me - I can't wait to learn more about Eyes of the Wolf (aka Sager).





Let me know what you think about Elaine's clip. She has assured me that there will be more available so stay tuned!

Happy Tuesday!

0 comments: