Monday, June 16, 2008

Book Trailers...A Whole New World

Current Read: Soul of a Highlander by Melissa Mayhue

Today is the last day to comment in order to be entered into the contest for Renee Knowles' book Going Topless! The winner will be announced tomorrow.

The gauntlet has been thrown down, battle lines have been drawn...

My friend and fellow Colorado Romance Writer member, Laura, has issued a challenge - actually it was more of an order...She says I have to read the 24 Dark Hunter novels by Sherrilyn Kenyon by August 5th, in order to be properly prepared to read Kenyon's newest release, Acheron.

So, do I say, "Have you seen my June TBR pile?" or "You're talkin' gibberish!" No! Instead I answer with a resounding, "You're on!" (yes, I have been accused of succumbing to peer pressure and being an idiot).

So, in addition to continuing with my other reading, I formally accept Laura's challenge...I'll keep you posted! BTW, I have already read one, Upon the Midnight Clear (and yes, I loved it)!

Meanwhile...back in the realm of reality and possibility:

Check out these enticing book trailers! BTW, patience is a virtue, especially when viewing trailers. These take a few moments to load.

The Vampire Shrink by Lynda Hilburn...Lynda will be joining us Wednesday as our Word Wizard.




Here is the trailer for Sherry Thomas' Private Arrangements. Haven't read this one yet but it is high up on the TBR pile (not in June, though)! Check out Romantic Times' website to sign up to win one of five ARCs (advanced reading copy) for her new novel Delicious.




What do you think of book trailers? Do they influence your decision whether to buy a book or not?

2 comments:

Laura Stephens said...

I love challenges. *mwahah* You can do it!

Tiffany James said...

Laura,

I'm always game for a challenge! Just started Fantasy Lover...wow!

Tiffany