Friday, May 8, 2009

Spotlight On: Revealed by Kate Noble


I just finished reading historical romance author Kate Noble's latest release, Revealed. Kate was a guest here at Armchair Heroines back in September (you can read her interview here). I'm so thrilled her newest release is out, and that I've got it in my grubby mitts.

Here's the blurb:

"Everyone agreed that Mrs. Phillippa Benning was a beautiful young woman. Stunning even, with her cornflower blue eyes, and cornsilk hair. One poetic gentleman had likened her teeth in shape to perfect corn kernels, but that perhaps was taking the metaphor too far.

Mrs. Benning simply sparkled. Her wit and humor and gay joie de vivre, gave her entrĂ©e into the most exciting crowds in the Ton, a place that lady enjoyed and intended to stay. So, if she was occasionally seen as being too forward in her thoughts and too ambitious in her flirtations, it was easily forgiven as the capricious combination of youth and beauty. For when Phillippa Benning smiled, a sultry pout known to cause married men to forget their wives’ names, no one could find fault in her.

Indeed, everyone thought well of Mrs. Phillippa Benning. And certainly would have done so even if she were not so rich, and so conveniently widowed.

All the world knew Phillippa Benning’s short marriage had been the stuff of fairy tales, merely lacking the "ever after". And after mourning a full year her husband of five days, Phillippa had discovered it was exceedingly pleasant to no longer require that smothering protection unmarried ladies lived under and took to her life as a young woman of independent means with verve..."

I thoroughly enjoyed Revealed! Phillipa Benning makes no apologies about who or what she is, and I love that, although she grows and changes within the novel, she remains Phillipa at the core. Marcus Worth is an almost understated gentleman which nearly drove me mad! I was intrigued by the facets of his personality. At once, kind and indulgent yet a bit aloof, he was, at the same time, a man to be reckoned with. The story also provided a few surprising and refreshing twists and turns. Kate is definitely on my "must be read" author list and both Compromised and Revealed have found spots on my keeper shelf!

A special treat for all of you AH readers! I have a copy of Revealed to give away. Just post an answer to either of these questions:

1. Have you ever dreamed of being a spy? If so, what do you imagine would be your favorite talent or toy as a spy?

2. If you were the unrivaled beauty of the "Season", how do you imagine it would change your life?

I'll randomly choose a winner and post it right here by Saturday morning!

Happy Friday!
OK, ladies...I have a winner! Congratulations to:
HouseMouse
You've won the copy of Revealed by Kate Noble! Email me at Tiffany@TiffanyJames.net with your snail mail address, and I'll get Revealed headed your way. ;0)
Thanks to everyone who commented. See you all next week. And Happy Mother's Day to all of you women out there who play an important role in the lives of others.

8 comments:

The Brunette Librarian said...

I would love to be a spy...I think I would be pretty handy with those secret gadgets. Press a button and gas comes out of my sunglasses...things like that! :)

Tiffany James said...

Rachie,

Good one! I like the cars and all of their gadgets - especially an ejector seat. :0)

Great to *see* you hear to day.

Tiffany

housemouse88 said...

Hate to say but I want to be a spy. However, it's not for the gadgets. It's for the outfits. All the different clothes you would have to have for each job. Plus, you got to remember all the outfits have to have separate shoes. Could you imagine the closet? LOL Have a great day.

Tiffany James said...

Housemouse,

Oooh! Good point - I hadn't thought of that one. Do you think we'd get a body along with the new wardrobe? I'm quite sure my "almost middle-aged, birthed three kids" body won't fit into those tight leather bodysuits! :0)

Thanks for joining me today!

Tiffany

Caffey said...

I've been looking forward to this book. Beautiful review!!

1. Mmm, I love this question about being a spy. I think if I would do it, I would be one who would be at a distance and be able to read lips of what people are saying! I do have that skill, I think sometimes its good (I'm deaf) so I remember times I could lip read when they didn't think I understood, LOL. So I'd be a spy finding out things said from watching their lips!

2. I wasn't sure what you meant with this question, 'unrivaled beauty' but I know that I wished I could time travel back to regency and go have a season there! I just would tolerate those corsets :) But love to just experience it all!

robynl said...

I'd love to be a spy. My secret gadget would be a camera that was so small no one would notice it and I could take many pictures of different happenings.

Tiffany James said...

Caffey,

I love that secret agent skill! You could be the invisible lip reader - no one sees you but you see all. :0)

I agree - I'd love to just go through one season to experience it all first hand. Sure would help my writing too!

Thanks for joining us today. Good luck in the contest!

Tiffany

Tiffany James said...

Robyn,

That's a great one too. I love gadgets - in my world they are accessories (jewelry, purses, shoes, belts...). What can I say? I'm a girly-girl! All my "accessories" would have secret skills. :0)

Good to see you - good luck!

Tiffany