Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Favorites and Old Stand-bys

There are just some books that I refuse to part with...like trusty friends and comfort food, I can always turn to them in times of trouble. I know which one I need based on the mood I am experiencing at that particular moment. I am going to date myself a bit here, but what the heck!

Perfect by Judith McNaught is one of my earliest romance novel reading memories. I caress the worn cover tenderly and seek out my favorite scenes when I yearn for simpler times.

Outlander by Diana Galbadon is the book I grab when I need some adventure and the resulting appreciation of my "less-complicated-than-Claire's-life" sigh of relief.

I reach for Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series when I need a snappy, smart-ass, take no prisoners jolt out of my suburban wife and mother doldrums.

Charm School by Susan Wiggs always reminds me that it is never to late to change and embrace the person you want to be.

Kelly Arden at Romance Roundtable has another great list organized by storylines. Check it out for inspiration!

Post some comments and let me know your favorite go-to romance guys and girls.

3 comments:

Renee said...

LOL, if you are going to date yourself, you'll date me and I refuse to be dated.

I love Madeline Hunter, Lisa Kleypas, and Victoria Alexander. The problem is I have so many romance books I could open up my own store. I refuse to get rid of them, there are way too many go toos.

Thanks for stopping by RRT,

Renee

Tiffany James said...

Renee,

Thanks for the comment...my first one. Yeah!

I know how you feel. When I told my husband I was writing a romance novel he raised his brows, looked around my office cluttered with tomes and said, "Do you really think you need another one?" :0)

Tiffany

Renee said...

LOL, Tiffany. Mr. Scott was about the same way until he came across a local author living in a home worth about 14 times ours. Now he wants to know if I believe I can get a contract. LOL

I'm pleased to be your first. ;)

Renee