Monday, May 12, 2008

McDreamy, Tidy Whities and Laugh Lines

Quote of the day: No one is perfect... that's why pencils have erasers. ~Author Unknown

Playing on the boom box (hey, it runs and I know how to work it…I’d like an IPod someday, but the kids have first dibs): Nothing, all is quiet on the writing front

I went to see Made of Honor this weekend…it was cute and I saw it on Mother’s Day with some of the most important women in my life: my mom, my sister and my daughter. I was pleasantly surprised to see Patrick Dempsey and the plethora of laugh lines gracing his face. Now, there are many who would argue (vehemently, I might add...just talk to my sister) that he is one of the hottest men around. The staunch supporters would have a point, and I'm not just talking looks. The man seems to be quite comfortable in his own skin (POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT)…he wore a super-short kilt and tidy whities in the movie with a nothing-left-to-the-imagination crotch shot! But I wonder, are we more accepting of, even attracted to, physical "flaws" in men versus women? Are certain flaws more accepted than others? And do we ever accept our own less-than-perfect attributes? I like my heroines with a little baggage and a few bags (saddle, under-eye, etc). I find I can relate more easily. What do you think: perfect heroine or slightly flawed?

0 comments: